Job title: COVID-19 Administrative Assistant
Company: Health Federation of Philadelphia
Job description: The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC), works to prevent, control, and report on diseases and conditions that are contagious and/or affect the public’s health. DDC helps prepare for public health emergencies and educate the community on how to stay safe and healthy.
Within the Division, immunization services across the city of Philadelphia are supported by a robust immunization program that coordinates the Vaccines for Children (VFC), Vaccines for Adults at Risk (VFAAR), and COVID-19 vaccine programs. Through these programs, the Immunization Department provides assessment and feedback to providers and performs community outreach to increase vaccination access, awareness, and overall rates in under vaccinated populations.
Our program also hosts a well-established immunization information system (IIS), PhilaVax, to which all Philadelphia providers are mandated to report. The Philavax IIS covers childhood, adolescent and adult vaccines. Data provided by the PhilaVax IIS helps target outreach, assessment, and feedback activities, and helps support successful implementation of immunization recommendations.
The overall goal of the Immunization Program is to increase the vaccination of all Philadelphians with immunizations routinely recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) by reducing missed opportunities, ensuring equitable access to vaccines, and improving immunization delivery practices among providers.
The COVID-19 administrative assistant will work closely with internal staff to support the day-to-day operations within the COVID-19 vaccine program. They will perform a range of tasks including organizing files, inputting data into excel trackers, and monitoring email inboxes. In order to ensure efficiency and consistency across the program, the administrative assistant will also be tasked with organizing and maintaining both paper and digital records related to COVID-19 vaccine distribution. They will serve as a liaison to COVID-19 providers who have questions and/or concerns. To assist with vaccine redistribution, the administrative assistant will monitor and track transport cooler requests as well as redistribution paperwork. They will be expected to communicate frequently and effectively across program areas.
- Provide administrative and clerical assistance to COVID-19 vaccine program staff
- File/cross-check vaccine redistribution agreements and redistribution trackers
- Monitor shared email boxes for questions and/or requests
- Route questions or concerns to appropriate staff
- Review transport cooler requests and communicate provider needs to internal staff
- Input paper records into excel tracking sheets
- Create and share mobile team clinic schedule
- Serve as provider liaison addressing questions or concerns surrounding COVID-19
- Organize and maintain files surrounding distribution, inventory, and enrollment
- Assist with compiling data and paperwork as needed to generate reports
- Other duties as required
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university; OR Graduation from high school, or the equivalent, and four years of previous experience performing in the planning, coordinating, or management of administrative tasks; OR An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with experience working with healthcare professionals
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and administrative support
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with ability to carry out responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting preferred
- Ability to adapt and quickly based on dynamic information
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written as well as interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team environment, and an interest in interacting with the public in a variety of settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Redcap and PhilaVax IIS preferred
- Knowledge of public health; communicable disease guidelines and regulations (specifically COVID19); vaccine preventable disease guidelines; vaccine handling and storage guidelines
- Must be authorized to work legally in the U.S..
Standard office setting at workstation and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
This position is full-time with potential for some remote work during the week.
Local travel may be required, as needed.
Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 22:51:53 GMT